Moab is My Washpot By (author) Stephen Fry
Moab is My Washpot is in turns funny, shocking, tender, delicious, sad, lyrical, bruisingly frank and addictively readable. Stephen Fry's bestselling memoir tells how, sent to a boarding school 200 miles from home at the age of seven, he survived beatings, misery, love, ecstasy, carnal violation, expulsion, imprisonment, criminal conviction, probation and catastrophe to emerge, at eighteen, ready to try and face the world in which he had always felt a stranger. Fry writes with the wit to which we have become accustomed, but with shocking candour too. In an age of glossy celebrity autobiographies, Moab is My Washpot sets the high standard to which others should aspire.
- Publisher: ARROW BOOKS LTD
- Format: Paperback | 448 pages
- Dimensions: 128mm x 198mm x 30mm | 340g
- Publication date: 5 August 2004
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0099457040
- ISBN 13: 9780099457046
- Edition statement: Nachdruck 2004.
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, ports.